Wednesday 8 April 2009

Benefit from Personalised Marketing...

I got two flyers through my door this week from local supermarkets. One was Tesco's the other was from one of it's well known competitors. They both looked similar, featuring special offers, and were glossy double sided flyers. Yet one was a brilliant piece of personalised marketing and the other was dire.



It may come as no surprise that the Tesco's was the brilliant peice of marketing. This was because it was personal to me. Firstly, it was addressed to Dear Adrian. Secondly, the majority of the products they were promoting were ones they know I buy regularly. And the products that I did not buy were linked to the ones that I do. They can see I buy dog food so they offered me an incentive on pet insurance.



The other one was made to look second rate. It started "Dear Customer" - now I checked and double-checked my birth certificate and there was no mention of Customer. But just Adrian and Mills - now they are not great, but better than customer, I am sure you agree! And the offers, well two of them were really special, a great deal on an umbrella and perfume. Great spring marketing to a male customer!



So if national supermarkets can't get personalised marketing right, why should salons and spas try and follow Tesco's example? Well, if you want to connect with your clients and only send them messages that are relevant then it is hugely important! Put this way, I'll be walking down Tesco's aisles this weekend!



Every client wants to think that you remember them! So your marketing needs to reflect this...and don't worry it is quite easy. There are solutions out there that help salons and spas personalise your marketing and make sure it reaches only the right clients at the right time, for example Shortcuts Set and Forget Marketing.



By using such tools to personalise your marketing you will create greater client loyalty and with it all the fringe benefits that come with it; such as increased average spend, more client referrals, greater visit frequency and so on.


So your marketing can be on a par with Tesco's, plus it will be more effective and professional than salons and spas you are competing with...after all every little helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment